Security, speed, compliance, and flexibility — all of these describe lighttpd (pron. lighty) which is rapidly redefining efficiency of a webserver; as it is designed and optimized for high performance environments. With a small memory footprint compared to other web-servers, effective management of the cpu-load, and advanced feature set (FastCGI, SCGI, Auth, Output-Compression, URL-Rewriting and many more) lighttpd is the perfect solution for every server that is suffering load problems. And best of all it's Open Source licensed under the revised BSD license.
lighttpd powers several popular Web 2.0 sites like YouTube, wikipedia and meebo. Its high speed io-infrastructure allows them to scale several times better with the same hardware than with alternative web-servers.
This fast web server and its development team create a web-server with the needs of the future web in mind:
Its event-driven architecture is optimized for a large number of parallel connections (keep-alive) which is important for high performance AJAX applications.
- MD5: 949c33a81e83f7718a47280bef21b90c
- SHA1: e5268929dff832c7786e3b623ca67e6bb0c2913e
- MD5: ed4ca3897eadf419c893b03fee53c982
- SHA1: 33390d4cc72b61405c0803358f8d9112821c194b
- SHA1 checksums: http://www.lighttpd.net/download/lighttpd-1.4.22.sha1sum
- MD5 checksums: http://www.lighttpd.net/download/lighttpd-1.4.22.md5sum